¿Por qué consumir alimentos ecológicos?
1. Quality: organic cultivation respects the production cycle, which favours the natural concentration of sugars, acids, vitamins and minerals which foodstuffs require in order to have the right taste, the right aromas, the right colour…
2. Health: organically produced food is free from toxic residues.
3. Rural Development: with the socio-economic benfits it provides, organic cultivation improves the quality of life for farmers, and generates interest among younger age groups, thus aiding the transfer of knowledge from generation to generation.
4. Climate Change: organic production boosts responsible energy consumption.
5. The environment: organically produced food comes from environmentally friendly production methods which prevent pollution of the soil, of the air and of water.
6. Biodiversity: organic cultivation helps to conserve and protect natural habitats and encourages the development of different species.
7. Local varieties and native animal breeds: methods of organic cultivation promote the use of species which are adapted to the conditions of each particular area.
8. Animal welfare: organic production allows animals to grow at their natural rate, and to enjoy adequate feeding and housing conditions.
9. Development and equality: the use of organic methods for food production supports fair trade and helps to provide levels of self-sufficiency in developing countries.
10. Sustainability: organic production is a sustainable model, and represents a real alternative, a real solution for our times, versus a model of intensive production which only serves to deplete resources.